Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vagina's are a girls best friend...

My whole life, up until now obviously, would have "female" issues. I was always the "pretty" one and never had girlfriends for that reason. Now, being older and more mature, I have developed some pretty amazing friendships with these "vagina's" and I'd love to tell you about them.

There's a whole gang of them coming from my hoop workshops. They've been supporters of my business for almost 3 years now. I appreciate every single one of them! But I'd like to mention a couple names that just warm my heart! The Wine-o Hooper's are... Shannon, Jenna, Martie, and Michelle.
I get talked to A LOT about how many times I use the word "best friend." And to tell you the truth I'm darn sick of being told that b/c I use the word so many times it detracts from the meaning... Well, get over it or get "more" best friends :)

Some of my BEST FRIENDS are...

James.
My sweet baby angel!! She's my number 1 best girl friend and she's daddy's little girl too. She loves her grandma's and Aunties and THE BEACH!! Chicken strips is all she wants to eat and is such a love. If you know James, you love her.


Bethany.
I met this crazy, sweet angel after I dated the most awful person on earth. And after looking back I couldn't be more thankful for meeting he who shall not be named. For if I never met him, I would have never met Bethany. Bethany is my little hoop minion and festival partner. If you have not gone to a festival with her... your jealous, because she is the most fun person to play with ever. She's a little bunny, hops around with the most amazing energy and smile. Her positive being is contagious and even if you don't want to be friends with her you'll end up falling madly in love.


Aya.
We drive each other CRAZY!!! Been friends for about 2 years... I helped launch her performance in HoopDance and she now has her own feather business. She's a phenomenal woman that doesn't give her self the credit she deserves... but she's coming into her own and I think 2011 is going to be her year.



Huyen.
I put these two together b/c well, their Asian... No I'm just kidding. Well, somewhat. They are the dragon sisters!!! Huyen I asked to be my maid of Honor b/c she does just that... honors my friendship. She's one of the most beautiful women in this world, wouldn't hurt a fly... but watch out... she's feisty!!! You piss her off and she's down your throat faster then cough syrup! I seriously need to stop trying to be funny...
Huyen was there for me during the worst moment of my life and I will forever be grateful to her saving my soul. I have so many happy memories with this woman. And look forward to many more in 2011.



Amisha.
This is Amisha. If you don't know her... I feel bad for you. I believe her full name is Amisha Cherry Luna Zuber. Yea. Amisha. I'm madly in love with her. Met her in ceramics class at SBCC about 6 years ago. She also met me during a very dark period and literally saved my life. When I met her she was the most amazing, most talented, most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She taught me to be strong, how to paint, how to be artistic and exceptional at anything I did and most importantly how to be positive. She is the funniest person I know. The most memorable moment I have with her is our little trip to the Venice tattoo shop for her birthday.... That will have to be another blog. It's pretty amazing.


My Sisters. Elizabeth and Erika.
To think that I was mean to them growing up pains my heart. These little mini me's are amazing. I love them to death. I would do anything for them. Both have a heart of gold and are amazing dancers!!! They are in that phase of their life where they are confused but I'm sure 2011 will help them mature and grow beautifully! They are talented and so beautiful and I know this is the beginning for them... They deserve everything Life has to offer.



Amanda.
Amanda Hoagland. My heart sings every time I get to hug this one. We met working at UCSB. She didn't like me at first b/c I was too pretty... SEE!! But I made her be friends with me :) I'm not sure if I was the influence but now she's quit UCSB and is a nomad hooping around town and taking road trips with me ;)
Amanda is beautiful, strong, always happy. When you give her advice she can view from all perspectives and really listen. No matter what is going on in her world she will be by your side in a flash. She also likes long candle lit bubble baths and Zicam nose sticks.


Emma.
Emma is my roommate. HOT!! I know right?! We have a saying in the Castillo home... "Emma does it better." It's true!!! This is what normally happens, KiT: "hey Emma, I made this really cool leather thing.." Emma: "Oh, awesome! This is what I made." Insert most amazing leather, hoodie, thing that attaches down at this other thing with this lace skirt.....
fucker...
She always does this. At least I have cooking.... HA!
Emma being in her early 20's is very mature for her age. I love her with all my heart. She's very talented and such a mentor in the crafting world.



Amber.
I thought Huyen was the sweetest woman in the world... But I think Amber and Huyen are neck and neck!! I met Amber in Gymnastics. The girl can flip around faster then a kangeroo. Do Kangeroo's even jump around? You get the point.
Amber has horses and she takes me riding. It's amazing to watch her control these beautiful animals. Amber has so much patience and beauty, I'm so lucky to have a friend like her in my life. She also bakes the best damn chocolate chip cookies in the world. Family is very important to her. She has *many* beautiful qualities.



Jamie. Aka Hoopalotta
I recently blogged about Jamie. If it wasn't for her love of the hoop I wouldn't be where I am today. Jamie, in the beginning, was not a fan of me :) But with this one you have to earn your friendship, and after 3 years I did just that. We hang out a lot which consists of random living room hoop sessions. When the weather is nice we're in the park partner hooping. She's a very fun friend and I love having her in my life. She's a total monkey... you give her an ounce of space and she'll be cart wheeling it up or doing back bends. Her body loves yoga and the girl's got back... daaaaaaaaang! I just love this picture!


Missy.
Another beautiful friend that doesn't give her self enough credit. This woman has POWER!! I've known her since I was 18. Met in dance class at SBCC. We've been through so much with one another. Relationships, moving, LA, Up North, Hooping. I would die for this one. I have to stop looking at her as this fragile flower though, I wish I could protect her from harm and always make her happy. She's on her path and taking her power back! She knows I will always be here for her. I love you Missy!


Amanda Inks. Now Cowie :)
I've known Amanda since I first moved to Cali. I was 12. On and off these 16 years... damn that's a long time... we've been there for one another. I've watched her two girls grow up and was even at her wedding. I wish I saw more of her. Amanda is *very* strong. Sometimes I think that's an understatement. I know what this woman has gone through with raising her children and in past relationships. I admire her love for her family. She's a wonderful mother.


Amanda, Ali, and Julie.
I have pretty friends :) I know.
So I've also known these girls since I was 12. Ali and I have been best friends since the day we met. And even if we lose touch we still pop up to be there for one another. Through out these years we all have seen one fall and we are always there to pick each other back up. Never catty, and the friendship is always pure, these girls are oldies but goodies.


Heidi.
I met Heidi in a photo shoot. She picked me up in her mini cruiser and I remember thinking, "If I hear her say, "move just a tich" I may punch her... What is a tich anyway??!! But it was her giggle and outstanding friendship that made me fall in love. She was also a roommate, one of the very best, and I was there during the beginning of her pregnancy. She lives in Seattle now and I wish I saw more of her. No matter how my day is going, all I need to do is call her and I always feel better.



Anah. AKA Hoopalicious
Every time I see a picture of Anah I think of the very first moment I saw her. A total famous hoop star on youtube I desired to be her. She has this energetic pull that makes you HAVE to be around her. Seriously, I'll do whatever she tells me, I'm completely infatuated with her being. Weird... now I sound like one of those stalker types... I mean, I totally admit that I did stalk her in the beginning, but I never dreamed we'd become this good of friends. She's an amazing teacher and mentor. Anyone is very lucky to have her grace, understanding, passion and friendship in their life.



Autumn.
As you can see from this picture why wouldn't I have her as a best friend!! She's phenomenal! And the best part, she's amazingly GOOFY!! And little. She's this crazy little bundle of energy that explodes in your face. And when she's having a "moment" performing she'll bring tears to your eyes. I saw God in one of her performances... she's that good! She teaches me aerial twice a week and if I don't have the funds she makes me go anyway. She believes in happiness and passion first. I admire this woman so much, knowing what she's gone through to keep her sisters children happy. If you knew, you would know that no matter what life hands you, you smile knowing the show must go on.

April.
And last but certainly not least... had to find the right picture for this hottie!
April is a newbie best friend. I hang out with her a lot and our days consist of her kicking my ass on the pole and crafting. Well... she does mostly the crafting these days :) My new personal stylist, she makes the sickest leg flairs for performance! She runs a pole dance studio in Ventura. She's SO much fun and I love her. If you're in Ventura look her up!! www.stagelightstudios.com



**I have SO many epic women in my life. These were a few that I just had to mention. Every time I see them my life is magnified with this kind of vagina power. It's amazing. I wouldn't be here or be the person I am today with out these women in my life. I thank you all, for staying or weaving in and out of my 28 years of life. You all mean so much to me.


KiT~






















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment